Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

PAGE OF BUCKETS amzn.to/1h6LSl7 #ReviewsWanted

| No comment


He stared blankly at Darrin for a moment, then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. He stood outside the trailer, foil drawn, trying to understand what Magician was talking about. He did not hear her approach. She glanced into High Priestess’s trailer and saw that no one was there, a dreamy expression took control of her face.

“Oh my, are we being attacked?” she asked. He turned his head to see Bearded Lady, swirling wine in her glass, the soft hair of her beard nestled into the cleft of her breasts. She smiled. “Since we’re here, together, you can defend me.”

“From?”

“I need a strong man to keep the bad away.”

She ran her finger down the center of his chest. His body prickled with intrigue at the insinuated offer. She sipped the wine and put the glass near his mouth. He opened his mouth and she carefully tilted the glass back, filling his mouth with the acidic liquid.

“Not too much, my sweets,” she said. “You haven’t found harmony in the world yet.” She smiled and looked into his eyes. “You are getting there, though.”

“I need to be going.”

“So soon? There’s so much you…” she paused and watched the wine swirl in her glass. “We aren’t the enemy, you know.” His brow furrowed considering her statement. “You know where to find me.”

He watched her walk into the shadows; she intrigued him so much. Her mere existence was a giant puzzle he wanted to solve.

“Before you go,” Devil said, coming up beside him. “We need to chat.”

“I don‘t think we do. When she’s Mary, she’s off limits to you.”

“She’s always the same to me, how am I to know the difference?”

“Don’t play dumb, you know the difference.” Darrin said as Devil stroked his black goatee. “This is just another of your games. You always know when a replacement arrives.”

“You outwit me, Knight,” he chuckled. “Is this why you stay flipped? So you can be smart? Don’t you like your bestial side anymore? Slash first ask questions never; the way we normally enjoy you. And trust me, we enjoy you.”

“And we always enjoy the way you tempt us with the fruit forbidden.”

“No one does anything they do not want to do, least of all High Priestess. She is free to deny herself my pleasures and believe me, she has.”

“Poor you.”

“I wouldn’t go that far, she’s not the only one out there. I attract all kinds.” Devil winked. “I mean I never said I was destitute, quite the opposite.” Darrin’s cheeks burned. “What’s a little passion between friends?” He put his hand on Darrin’s shoulder and rubbed and squeezed down his arm and continued speaking. “Nothing wrong with any exchange, I’m just being friendly.” He took a deep breath and exhaled with a low moan. Darrin felt himself become tingly and lightheaded. “It’s only fun, nothing wrong with fun. Isn’t that the most important thing? Fun?” Devil purred. “We could have fun. I know we could. Just you and me.”

“Yeah,” Darrin replied without realizing it. “Fun.”

“Now you’re seeing it from my point of view.”

Page of Buckets is available at the following fine retailers.

Smashwords,
Amazon,
Best Indie Book Store,  
Kobo,
Barnes & Noble,
Google Play,
iTunes
Tags :
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout