Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#ThursThreads - The Challenge That Ties Tales Together - Week 47 #NaNoWriMo

| No comment



 “Well that’s a relief,” he said, walking to the car. “They don’t die.”

“Right now, I’m not so sure. It doesn’t change what happens to them over there. Obviously, we remember everything. I remember things that happened even when I wasn’t High Priestess.”

“Then what do we do?”

“I don’t know, darling. If you listen to Susie, we do what they want. Ugh,” she shivered.

“What?”

“I just remembered one of the first replacements I sent. He pleaded with me not to send him back. He actually seemed like a flipped Ace of Buckets. I sent him back as the Page of Foils. It damaged him.”

“Being the Ace of Buckets would damage anyone.”

“We can’t be selective with it. And what about us?”

“What do you mean?”

“Darling, you know how you change. The World Circus reality takes over and…”

“And you do what you, rather the “entity,” would normally do.”

“Yes.”

She looked at him with doe eyes at the brink of tears. 

“It becomes very difficult to fend off the desires,” he continued. “I can see it in Johnny’s eyes that it’s the same for him. Then, just come back when the pressure becomes too much.”

“I want to see what happens with one more. Then we can make a decision.”

“You want to experiment?”

“I don’t think we have a choice. Maybe it’s because he’s been over there for so long. He’s shell shocked.”

“Maybe.” The car stopped in the garage. “Which one though?”

“The Devil.”

Read all the entries at The Weird, the Wild and the Wicked.
Tags : , , ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout