Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#MotivationMonday - Week 37

| No comment

The sign read, “No howling”, that hung from the large glass pain in the door. I shook my head and entered the lodge. The thin squirrel of a man looked at me anxiously as I approached.

“I need a room for the night.”

His nose twitched side to side as I spoke.

“Of course, sir,” he said and turned to the cubbies. His hand ferreted into one then another before retrieving a key from the third. “Room 13, up the stairs, to the left.” I took the key from where he placed it. His hand skipped around the spot it had been. “Check out time is ten in the morning and please sir, no howling.”

“What?”

“No howling, it disturbs some of the guests and quite frankly, me.”

I replied with a shrug and headed up the stairs. The thick blinds covering the windows did not allow light in. I flipped the switch next to the door. The lights flickered then bounced to life, lighting the room with an orange glow. I pulled the layers of drapery away from the windows and watched the woods turn grey as the sun went down.

I’d been hunting Walter for so long, it was almost sad that this would be the end of it. All I had to do was wait a few hours, and then I could move on with my life. He was a tricky bastard that was for sure. I have learned trickery that last five years, too. Would he be very surprised to see me here or even be surprised to find out I how came to be here?

The pull of her became stronger and I knew it was time. I left lodge and walked into the forest. A chill swirled in the evening air. The shadows became stronger in the forest but not a sound was heard. Her silvery light splashed in pools in small clearings of trees. I felt the changes wanting to happen and took off my clothes. I sniffed him on the air and snarled a toothsome grin.

He stood in a clearing, her light pouring down on him but he remained unchanged.

“I see you’ve decided that it’s easier to join me than to fight me,” he said with a sarcastic laugh. “It’s a much better condition, isn’t it?” He asked, not expecting an answer.

Walter thought too highly of himself. The only way for me to find him was to make this sacrifice. I would never be able to be near my family again or anyone else when the moon shown fully in the sky. I leapt through the air and watched him begin to transform into a great dog. Before he finished his change, my teeth pierced firmly into his neck. I twisted my head side to side to bring him down. I heard sounds of laughter come from him and then his breaths were hard and shallow.

“You are now me,” he whispered his final breath.

Read all the entries at Wakefield Mahon's blog.
Tags : ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout