Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#MotivationMonday - On an Encouraging Note

| No comment

“It gets better, you know.”

She choked back a tear. Her blue eyes appeared electric. Nervously, she brushed her blond hair behind her shoulder. I could see the determination in her eyes. The pain she had to endure would only make her stronger—such a trite statement but true.

“I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do it.”

“Have faith, I do and I know you will be able to do this,” I said as I reached my hand out to help her up. “You’ve practiced, you know what to do. You can do anything you set your mind to. You just have to believe.”

A smile slowly stretched across her face as she started believing. “Is it that easy, just believe and it will be?” she thought. She stood next to me and I could feel the confidence rise in her, the power of believing in herself exuding from her pores. This was her moment to shine and show the world who she was.

She would be our savior after-all. She would be the one to deliver us from this unjust prison. I nodded at the men standing ready at the gate. They pulled back the latch and moved quickly away from the opening that appeared at the opposite side.

I glanced back to where she stood but she was no longer there. I quickly scanned the room. Where had she gone? A bright glow caught my eye above me. She floated in a bright blue orb of light near the ceiling. She was more magnificent than I dreamed.

The gate spread further open allowing us to see the promise land across the deadly threshold. I have waited a lifetime to see what was beyond that wooden barrier again. Without her, we would not be able to look at it without perishing. Her being protects even me. It was a godsend for me to find her. The poor lost girl, unaware of who and what she was.

I look through the opening in the wall and see him standing there. He glares at me, eyes full of lightning. I smile back.

“I told you I would return and you would not be able to stop me. I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.”

“You cannot cross those gates.”

“Can’t I?” I said and started toward the opening in the wall.

 I look above and see her hovering over me but her expression changed. I pick up my pace for fear that she has remembered who she is. I hear the sound of electricity beginning to surge around me. I start to run. I hear her at my back, then she passes me and crosses the threshold. I expect the gate to shut before I make its line but it does not. Ahead of me, I see a bright flash of light.

She stands in front of me.

“He banished me because I would not lie with him.”

I look and see that he is gone.

Read all the entries at Wakefield Mahon's blog.
Tags : ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout