Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#MenageMonday Challenge – Week 34

| 2 Comments


Legend says that during a full moon strange things happen. I for one do not believe in such fanciful explanations. I am a man of facts, so I researched it. I studied the land. Many people told me the same thing; “it’s a dry heat around here that caused those trees to catch fire.” Well that still did not make any sense to me. How could a dry heat cause a pair of trees to engulf in flames in the middle of a hot summer’s night? There had to be some sort of catalyst.

I took soil samples, tested the air quality and checked for any solar anomalies from that night. Still I was not any closer to an answer. I was reading over my notes, not realizing I read them aloud, when my four year old spoke from the doorway.

“It was probably a fire-breathing werewolf, daddy.”

I looked up from my desk at him standing there with a very serious look on his face. How could I doubt anything he said when he said it with such conviction and seriousness? I guess anything is possible. After all, we now have sparkling vampires, why can’t there be fire-breathing werewolves?

Read all the entries at Defiantly Literate.
Tags : ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout