Friday, April 20, 2012

#FridayPictureShow ~ Week 24



Silver lightning illuminates the room with a pop and flicker, then is gone. The thunder growls, moving small glass decorations from their positions on the shelves. She is awake, her eyes bright and full of mischief. She loves storms, especially at night. Delicate fingers dance across the wooden keys as she plays her song in crescendo to the storm. Time stands still with her notes, each hanging in the air before fading away. Drops of rain crash into the windows, smearing the world outside. It is only her and the storm and her song.

Read all the entries at A Measure of Madness.

1 comment:

  1. Received an honorable mention for this one, here's what the judge said I felt like I was in a whirlwind when I read this—I could feel the atmosphere created and as someone who used to stand on the screened-in porch with my dad as we watched storms roll by, this one touched my heart in a special way. I wanted to know more about the woman dancing in the rain!

    ReplyDelete