Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#ThursThreads - The Challenge that Ties Tales Together - Week 11

| No comment

A soft murmuring came from behind me—the same I heard before sleep. My assistant was not here yet and the doors locked. The feeling of being watched surfaced again. I turned to find no one there. I felt my temperature; I was not running a fever. I did not feel fatigued; in fact, I felt quite energetic. I did not recall that hearing things and odd feelings were symptoms of the plague.

The sound of the murmuring increased in volume and I was able to hear a voice speaking to me.
“I do so hope you will like me as much as I like you,” it said playfully. “I have so many things to show you.”

I spun around the room. The only explanation, I was going mad. “Let’s get this over with,” I thought. If the plague or madness were going to take me, I was ready.

“Not to worry, Reynard Ashwin, you are not going mad nor have you been infected. I will not allow that to happen to you.”

In my peripheral vision, I saw a dark shadow swirling. I spun to meet what was there but it moved with me, never allowing me to lay eyes on it.

“I hunger for the forbidden. I hope you will satisfy my hunger and partake with me,” it whispered around me.

“What is it that you hunger for?” I asked, it did not respond with a straight answer.

“I will show you what I need, what we need.”

Read all the entries at The Weird, the Wild and the Wicked!
Tags : , , ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout