Copyright 2016 © Charles W. Jones
. Powered by Blogger.
All content cannot be distributed, copied or reproduced without express written permission from the author.

#ThursThreads - The Challenge that Ties Tales Together - Week Seven

| No comment

I’ve seen her several times since I escaped the catacombs below the city. I watch her from a distance; I cannot believe how she mirrors my dearly departed Fine. It is as though the gods torment me, as does the Darkness. How else could it be possible that I lay my weary eyes upon my love again, after so much time has gone by?

I smell the richness of her skin and the Darkness urges me to take her.

“We won’t feed on her as we have so many others,” I say to it. My defiance, of feeding on the undeserving, fully inflated.

"As a matter of fact, we are," the Darkness replies with a howl.

I feel my hands on her. Her sweet aroma twists my senses. I freeze. I cannot. The Darkness explodes within me but I stand strong against it. She turns. Her eyes meet mine, causing memories to push forward. She seems to recognize me. How is that possible? She smiles and begins to speak.

I fall back. I can no longer fight back the hunger churning in me. I cannot take her. Will not. The Darkness shrieks at me with its normal demands as I run away from her. I hear horns honk from the cars I weave through in the traffic, but I do not look back to her. To Fine.

Today's phrase is in bold. Read all the entries at The Weird, the Wild & the Wicked!
Tags : , , ,
Click Me
Layout Options
Current Layout
Full slideshow Layout